While most contractors follow the industry standard of 50% down - 50% upon completion. This can lead to drawn out jobs and even some homeowners losing that 50%, never seeing the contractor again. Affordable Ponds ask for only a 10% commitment from you. The remaining 90% is due upon completion of the project. By using this program you are financially protected during the building process. All the pressure is on us, not you. When the job is completed to your total satisfaction the balance is settled.
" We could not be happier with the beautiful job done by Affordable Ponds. Everyone showed up as scheduled and completed our water feature on time and on budget.
Aesthetically, it is beautiful and has transformed our back yard into a magical paradise. Can’t stop going out at least three times a day just to sit and enjoy the ambience.
This represents one of the better decisions I have made.
Thank you guys!"
We will work with you on the design of your personal waterfeature. Would love to come out an discuss all your options.
Positives: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
The team at Affordable Ponds constructed a beautiful new koi pond including waterfall just outside the living room of our log home. They also gave a huge start on landscaping our rural residence’s wildfire defensible space. They saved us time, money, backache, and heartache by doing it right – with jaw-dropping results. We are thrilled with both the beauty and functionality of our new pond. Our entire experience was outstanding and had NO negatives. If you desire deep knowledge of pond construction plus years of experience, integrity, reliability, teamwork, work ethic, project nimbleness, artistic vision, amazing value, and total commitment to customer service and happiness – search no further.
This two day job went so smoothly that it was completed several hours more quickly than anticipated. The original shallow 450-gallon pond constructed by the previous homeowner was plagued with multiple issues. Affordable Ponds corrected everything. The new pond is a freeform 10’ x 14’. Deepened to 2.5 feet, it now contains ~2,600 capacious gallons for our large koi.
A 3-tiered waterfall changes direction as it meanders down the (new) hillside low-profile design enhances the view of the spectacular valley below our log home. Three underwater LED lights illuminate the drops at night.
Rock from the old pond was incorporated, including flat slabs for the waterfall’s tiered overhangs. Ferns, deer-resistant plants, and boulders were artistically placed, incl. utilizing several already on our property. Everything looks completely natural. The water’s sound is magical.
An undergravel filtration system makes the new pond crystal-clear and low maintenance -- no more dealing with filthy box filters. We will simply have annual deep-cleaning done by Affordable Ponds.
The crew brought huge tubs for our 8 fish (incl. a 20” & 12” koi) and handled them with care. All fish did well with their 6-hour temporary relocation and introduction into the new pond. Three rock “koi caves” were constructed in the new pond –The team are knowledgeable about fish habitat and behavior. They are now also better protected from predators.
The owner of Affordable Ponds, was on site the entire time (I know that this is not always the case for some pond construction companies). His constant presence ensured our mutual design vision was executed, plus they were able to directly consult with us about unforeseen things including slightly relocating the pond for optimal siting and our last-minute decision to install extra LED wiring to add driveway perimeter lights.
The owner worked energetically alongside his team plus directed their efforts for peak efficiency. He constantly encouraged and praised his hard-working crew. All were unfailingly supportive of each other; cheerful, positive, and friendly. Not once did I hear a complaint or harsh word.
Affordable Ponds commitment to customer service and happiness marked every single interaction. All communications were clear and timely. He was open and responsive to our many questions, and did a terrific job of educating us about how to care for our new pond. The team was punctual – they arrived 15 minutes early both days. They were respectful of our property, and completely cleaned up the job site. The crew repeatedly expressed appreciation for the opportunity to earn our business and trust, and acted as if we were their only customers (which we most assuredly are not).
In summary, we could not be happier. This was an amazing experience with incredible results – and a value in all respects. So far, one friend has seen our new pond: he was astonished by the beauty and value. My husband and I expected a lot – and even so, got far more than we ever dreamed. Entrusting our pond and fish to Affordable Ponds was the best decision we could have possibly made.
Sharon, November 2020